Resilient and Agile Organizations (RAO)
Objectives of the Thematic Line
The research framework shares a holist view over the organization’s systems, where agility, optimization, risk management and data intelligence are common practices, and organizes its research objectives so that the individual objectives of each researcher can contribute for the ALGORITMI vision of Resilient and Agile Organizations.
Scientific and Technological Objectives:
- To study the influence of social entrepreneurship on resilience.
- To study the use of social innovations to repurpose knowledge capabilities and resources.
- To study the influence of community empowerment on effective monitoring of risks.
- To study the influence of open government practices and data on organizational agility and resilience.
- To develop new employment structures models to accommodate part-time work and elderly contributions.
- To develop new business models for new types of opportunities (e.g. leisure industry, social care of the elderly).
- To develop a common theoretical understanding of organizational resilience grounded on knowledge generated in relevant disciplines.
- To develop new models and tools for engagement of citizens in crisis management.
- To develop new business models for niche market opportunities in a changing economy.
- To develop urban planning measures applied in the mitigation of urban risks.
- To develop strategies and tools that promote resilient digital environments effectively supporting the interaction of individuals and businesses intended on developing knowledge capabilities and resources.
- To develop effective approaches and tools to manage cyber risks.
- To develop strategies and tools for effective integration of risk management into organizational resilience planning.
- To develop methods and tools to measure, monitor and optimize organizational agility and resilience.
- To apply machine learning to automatically identify informative content to leverage the response and recovery plans and interventions, thus contributing to agile and resilient organizations.
- To apply agent-based modelling, simulation and optimization of processes as tools to direct collective deliberate attention, develop skills sets and define organizational architectures that leverage the balance required to manage performance and adaptation of organizations to changes in the environment.
- To implement intelligent strategies for permanent availability of critical data and continuity of business in municipalities.
- To integrate cybernetics and collective intelligence concepts and tools to think organizational resilience that evolves in response to shocks, in order to ensure organizational thriving in new conditions.
- To design Decision Support Systems for Community resilience.
- To design University centered social innovation mechanisms.
- To define Doctoral Curricular Units where concepts, approaches and tools for organizational resilience are explored and further developed.