RoboParty is a pedagogical event that brings together teams of 4 people, for 3 days and two nights (bring your sleeping bag) to teach how to build autonomous mobile robots in a simple and fun way, guided by qualified professionals. Initially, a short training is given (to learn how to get started in Electronics, robot programming, and mechanical engineering), then a robotic kit developed by botnroll.com and University of Minho is given, to be assembled by the participants (mechanics, electronics, and programming) and at the end of the event it belongs to the team. All teams have a tutor with robotic knowledge to help in the construction and programming of the robot.
- Provide you a well spent 3 days and 2 nights
- Provides knowledge exchange with other participants
- Learn “Introduction and History of Robotics”
- Learn the basics of a mobile robot
- Learn to set up an electronic board, able to control a robot
- Learn to solder electronic components
- Learn the basic commands of robot programming and computers
- Build the mechanics of a mobile platform (robot)
- Reading various sensors (data acquisition)
- Performance engines and other devices (to move the robot)
- Get to Know the national and international robotic competitions (rules, demonstration videos, how to participate)
- Show up university alternatives in order to be able to make a best choice compatible with their knowledge
- Enjoy sports and other ludic activities
Running in parallel there are other recreational activities such as sports, music, internet, games, parties, etc. Each participant brings his sleeping bag and stay there throughout the event.
The RoboParty is identical to a LANParty and also works 24h / 24h but has a pedagogical and educational purpose. Participants will also be given the chance to learn the rules of most national and international robotic competitions so that they can participate.
RoboParty 2017 is held on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of March.
More information: www.roboparty.org