SEMAG was founded in July of 2001 as a special interest group within the Dept. of Information Systems of Universidade do Minho.
Currently, SEMAG is a research group devoted to the advance of the state-of-the-art of software-based information systems, both on the engineering and management aspects of the following research tracks:
SEMAG conducts its research activities towards the methodological (requirements, analysis, design) and organizational (management, quality and standards) issues related with the software engineering discipline in the information systems application domain, and adopts the empirical and experimental research approaches.
In concrete, SEMAG supports research projects mainly framed by the design science research method and their variants; occasionally, the case study and the action research methods are also adopted.
SEMAG leader: Maribel Yasmina Campos Alves Santos
Recent SEMAG Publications:
- Tailoring ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 standard for small and medium-sized enterprises
Eira, P.; Guimar\~aes, P.; Melo, M.; Brito, M.A.; Silva, A.; Machado, R&
Proceedings - 2018 IEEE 11th International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation Workshops, ICSTW 2018, 2018
- An agile modeling oriented process for logical architecture design
Santos, N.; Pereira, J.; Morais, F.; Barros, J.; Ferreira, N.; Machado, R.J&peri
Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, 2018
- Interfaces for Science: Conceptualizing an Interactive Graphical Interface
Azevedo, B.; Baptista, A.A.; Oliveira e S\'a, J.; Branco, P.; Tortosa, R.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2019
- Acceptance criteria in a Promotional Tourism Demarketing Plan
Magalh\~aes, M.J.; De Magalh\~aes, S.T.; Rodrigues, C.; Marques, S.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- An urban building database (UBD) supporting a smart city information system
Monteiro, C.S.; Costa, C.; Pina, A.; Santos, M.Y.; Ferr\~ao, P.
Energy and Buildings, 2018
- Psychedelic Trance on the web: Exploring digital parties at Second Life
Sim\~ao, E.; de Magalh\~aes, S.T.; da Silva, A.M.
Virtual and Augmented Reality: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, 2018
- TechPaper - An interactive learning information system game
Portela, F.; Correia, J.; Ferreira, B.; Ribeiro, T.; Pinheiro, C.; Costa, V.&sem
ICT4AWE 2018 - Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Ageing Well and e-Health, 2018
- Planning benefits realization in a collaborative university-industry R&;D funded program
Fernandes, G.; Pinto, E.B.; Araujo, M.; Machado, R.J.
2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation: Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management Beyond 2020: New Challenges, New Approaches, ICE/ITMC 2017 - Pro, 2018
- The roles of a Programme and Project Management Office to support collaborative university–industry R&;D
Fernandes, G.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J.
Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, 2018
- Improving project management practice through the development of a business case: A local administration case study
Martins, F.; Ribeiro, P.; Duarte, F.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- SPMDSL language model: Onto a DSL for agile use case driven software project's management
Ribeiro, G.G.G.; Barros, \^A.M.A.; Da Cruz, A.M.R.
ICEIS 2017 - Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2017
- Evaluation of Adherence to the Model Six Sigma Using Paraconsistent Logic
Kirilo, C.Z.; Abe, J.M.; Nogueira, M.; Nakamatsu, K.; Lozano, L.C.M.&a
2018 IEEE (SMC) International Conference on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications, INISTA 2018, 2018
- A food value chain integrated business process and domain models for product traceability and quality monitoring: Pattern models for food traceability platforms
Cruz, E.F.; Rosado da Cruz, A.M.
ICEIS 2019 - Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2019
- On the design of a Human-in-The-Loop Cyber-Physical System for online monitoring and active mitigation of indoor Radon gas concentration
Lopes, S.I.; Cruz, A.M.; Moreira, P.M.; Abreu, C.; Silva, J.P.&sem
2018 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference, ISC2 2018, 2019
- Project management practices for collaborative university-industry R&;D: A hybrid approach
Fernandes, G.; Moreira, S.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Pinto, E.B.; Machado, R.J.
Procedia Computer Science, 2018