SEMAG was founded in July of 2001 as a special interest group within the Dept. of Information Systems of Universidade do Minho.
Currently, SEMAG is a research group devoted to the advance of the state-of-the-art of software-based information systems, both on the engineering and management aspects of the following research tracks:
SEMAG conducts its research activities towards the methodological (requirements, analysis, design) and organizational (management, quality and standards) issues related with the software engineering discipline in the information systems application domain, and adopts the empirical and experimental research approaches.
In concrete, SEMAG supports research projects mainly framed by the design science research method and their variants; occasionally, the case study and the action research methods are also adopted.
SEMAG leader: Maribel Yasmina Campos Alves Santos
Recent SEMAG Publications:
- Analysis of dengue outbreaks using big data analytics and social networks
Carlos, M.A.; Nogueira, M.; Machado, R.J.
2017 4th International Conference on Systems and Informatics, ICSAI 2017, 2018
- Evaluating several design patterns and trends in big data warehousing systems
Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2018
- TechPaper - An interactive learning information system game
Portela, F.; Correia, J.; Ferreira, B.; Ribeiro, T.; Pinheiro, C.; Costa, V.&sem
ICT4AWE 2018 - Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Ageing Well and e-Health, 2018
- Psychedelic Trance on the web: Exploring digital parties at Second Life
Sim\~ao, E.; de Magalh\~aes, S.T.; da Silva, A.M.
Virtual and Augmented Reality: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, 2018
- An agile modeling oriented process for logical architecture design
Santos, N.; Pereira, J.; Morais, F.; Barros, J.; Ferreira, N.; Machado, R.J&peri
Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, 2018
- SPMDSL language model: Onto a DSL for agile use case driven software project's management
Ribeiro, G.G.G.; Barros, \^A.M.A.; Da Cruz, A.M.R.
ICEIS 2017 - Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2017
- The roles of a Programme and Project Management Office to support collaborative university–industry R&;D
Fernandes, G.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J.
Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, 2018
- Risk response strategies for collaborative university-industry R&;D funded programs
Fernandes, G.; Martins, A.R.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J&perio
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2019
- A retrofitting auction service business model proposal within a smart city context
Torrinha, P.; Salgado, C.E.; MacHado, R.J.
2018 3rd International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing, FMEC 2018, 2018
- An urban building database (UBD) supporting a smart city information system
Monteiro, C.S.; Costa, C.; Pina, A.; Santos, M.Y.; Ferr\~ao, P.
Energy and Buildings, 2018
- Information visualization: Conceptualizing new paths for filtering and navigate in scientific knowledge objects
Azevedo, B.M.; Oliveira E S\'a, J.; Baptista, A.A.; Branco, P.
EPCGI 2017 - 24th Encontro Portugues de Computacao Grafica e Interacao, 2017
- Tailoring ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 standard for small and medium-sized enterprises
Eira, P.; Guimar\~aes, P.; Melo, M.; Brito, M.A.; Silva, A.; Machado, R&
Proceedings - 2018 IEEE 11th International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation Workshops, ICSTW 2018, 2018
- Planning benefits realization in a collaborative university-industry R&;D funded program
Fernandes, G.; Pinto, E.B.; Araujo, M.; Machado, R.J.
2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation: Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management Beyond 2020: New Challenges, New Approaches, ICE/ITMC 2017 - Pro, 2018
- Evaluation of Adherence to the Model Six Sigma Using Paraconsistent Logic
Kirilo, C.Z.; Abe, J.M.; Nogueira, M.; Nakamatsu, K.; Lozano, L.C.M.&a
2018 IEEE (SMC) International Conference on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications, INISTA 2018, 2018
- Organizational climate assessment using the paraconsistent decision method
Kirilo, C.Z.; Abe, J.M.; De Lima, L.A.; Lozano, L.C.M.; Nogueira, M&am
Procedia Computer Science, 2018