SEMAG was founded in July of 2001 as a special interest group within the Dept. of Information Systems of Universidade do Minho.
Currently, SEMAG is a research group devoted to the advance of the state-of-the-art of software-based information systems, both on the engineering and management aspects of the following research tracks:
SEMAG conducts its research activities towards the methodological (requirements, analysis, design) and organizational (management, quality and standards) issues related with the software engineering discipline in the information systems application domain, and adopts the empirical and experimental research approaches.
In concrete, SEMAG supports research projects mainly framed by the design science research method and their variants; occasionally, the case study and the action research methods are also adopted.
SEMAG leader: Maribel Yasmina Campos Alves Santos
Recent SEMAG Publications:
- Enhancing elderly mobility through IoT using textiles: A review
Magalh\~aes, M.J.; De Magalh\~aes, S.T.; Revett, K.
Smart City 360 2016 - 2nd EAI International Summit, 2017
- Evaluating several design patterns and trends in big data warehousing systems
Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2018
- Improving project management practice through the development of a business case: A local administration case study
Martins, F.; Ribeiro, P.; Duarte, F.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- Analysis of dengue outbreaks using big data analytics and social networks
Carlos, M.A.; Nogueira, M.; Machado, R.J.
2017 4th International Conference on Systems and Informatics, ICSAI 2017, 2018
- Developing metadata application profiles
Malta, M.C.; Baptista, A.A.; Walk, P.
Developing Metadata Application Profiles, 2017
- An agile modeling oriented process for logical architecture design
Santos, N.; Pereira, J.; Morais, F.; Barros, J.; Ferreira, N.; Machado, R.J&peri
Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, 2018
- Tailoring ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 standard for small and medium-sized enterprises
Eira, P.; Guimar\~aes, P.; Melo, M.; Brito, M.A.; Silva, A.; Machado, R&
Proceedings - 2018 IEEE 11th International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation Workshops, ICSTW 2018, 2018
- A retrofitting auction service business model proposal within a smart city context
Torrinha, P.; Salgado, C.E.; MacHado, R.J.
2018 3rd International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing, FMEC 2018, 2018
- SPMDSL language model: Onto a DSL for agile use case driven software project's management
Ribeiro, G.G.G.; Barros, \^A.M.A.; Da Cruz, A.M.R.
ICEIS 2017 - Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2017
- Acceptance criteria in a Promotional Tourism Demarketing Plan
Magalh\~aes, M.J.; De Magalh\~aes, S.T.; Rodrigues, C.; Marques, S.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- An urban building database (UBD) supporting a smart city information system
Monteiro, C.S.; Costa, C.; Pina, A.; Santos, M.Y.; Ferr\~ao, P.
Energy and Buildings, 2018
- Evaluation of Adherence to the Model Six Sigma Using Paraconsistent Logic
Kirilo, C.Z.; Abe, J.M.; Nogueira, M.; Nakamatsu, K.; Lozano, L.C.M.&a
2018 IEEE (SMC) International Conference on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications, INISTA 2018, 2018
- Process-driven data analytics supported by a data warehouse model
Oliveira E S\'a, J.; Santos, M.Y.
International Journal of Business Intelligence and Data Mining, 2017
- The data scientist profile and its representativeness in the European e-Competence framework and the skills framework for the information age
Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
International Journal of Information Management, 2017
- Risk response strategies for collaborative university-industry R&;D funded programs
Fernandes, G.; Martins, A.R.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J&perio
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2019