SEMAG was founded in July of 2001 as a special interest group within the Dept. of Information Systems of Universidade do Minho.
Currently, SEMAG is a research group devoted to the advance of the state-of-the-art of software-based information systems, both on the engineering and management aspects of the following research tracks:
SEMAG conducts its research activities towards the methodological (requirements, analysis, design) and organizational (management, quality and standards) issues related with the software engineering discipline in the information systems application domain, and adopts the empirical and experimental research approaches.
In concrete, SEMAG supports research projects mainly framed by the design science research method and their variants; occasionally, the case study and the action research methods are also adopted.
SEMAG leader: Maribel Yasmina Campos Alves Santos
Recent SEMAG Publications:
- The roles of a Programme and Project Management Office to support collaborative university–industry R&;D
Fernandes, G.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J.
Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, 2018
- The SusCity big data warehousing approach for Smart Cities
Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, 2017
- Partitioning and bucketing in hive-based big data warehouses
Costa, E.; Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- The development process of a metadata application profile for the social and solidarity economy
Malta, M.C.; Baptista, A.A.
Developing Metadata Application Profiles, 2017
- SPMDSL language model: Onto a DSL for agile use case driven software project's management
Ribeiro, G.G.G.; Barros, \^A.M.A.; Da Cruz, A.M.R.
ICEIS 2017 - Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2017
- Risk response strategies for collaborative university-industry R&;D funded programs
Fernandes, G.; Martins, A.R.; Pinto, E.B.; Ara\'ujo, M.; Machado, R.J&perio
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2019
- Metadata for the energy performance certificates of buildings in smart cities
Baptista, A.A.; Silva, S.C.
Proceedings of the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, 2017
- Tailoring ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 standard for small and medium-sized enterprises
Eira, P.; Guimar\~aes, P.; Melo, M.; Brito, M.A.; Silva, A.; Machado, R&
Proceedings - 2018 IEEE 11th International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation Workshops, ICSTW 2018, 2018
- A Conceptual Social Media Tool for Supporting Collaborative University-Industry RD Programs
Fernandes, G.; Pessoa, C.; Martins, A.R.; Pinto, E.B.; Ruao, T.; Araujo,
2018 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation, ICE/ITMC 2018 - Proceedings, 2018
- The data scientist profile and its representativeness in the European e-Competence framework and the skills framework for the information age
Costa, C.; Santos, M.Y.
International Journal of Information Management, 2017
- Analysis of dengue outbreaks using big data analytics and social networks
Carlos, M.A.; Nogueira, M.; Machado, R.J.
2017 4th International Conference on Systems and Informatics, ICSAI 2017, 2018
- Process-driven data analytics supported by a data warehouse model
Oliveira E S\'a, J.; Santos, M.Y.
International Journal of Business Intelligence and Data Mining, 2017
- Internet of things for the hotel industry: A review
De Magalh\~aes, S.T.; Magalh\~aes, M.J.; Revett, K.
Smart City 360 2016 - 2nd EAI International Summit, 2017
- A retrofitting auction service business model proposal within a smart city context
Torrinha, P.; Salgado, C.E.; MacHado, R.J.
2018 3rd International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing, FMEC 2018, 2018
- Acceptance criteria in a Promotional Tourism Demarketing Plan
Magalh\~aes, M.J.; De Magalh\~aes, S.T.; Rodrigues, C.; Marques, S.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017