Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Generalized net models of academic promotion and doctoral candidature
Shannon, A.G.; Riecan, B.; Sotirova, E.; Atanassov, K.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P&
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2017
- Multi-surface segmentation of OCT images with AMD using sparse high order potentials
Oliveira, J.; Pereira, S.; Gon?alves, L.; Ferreira, M.; Silva, C.A.
Biomedical Optics Express, 2017
- Generation of multi-fingerprint maps using propagation models
Mestre, P.; Cordeiro, J.; Reigoto, L.; Coutinho, L.; Botelho, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2017
- On-body signal propagation in WBANs for firefighters personal protective equipment: Statistical characterization and performance assessment
Fernandes, D.; Gomes, T.; Ferreira, A.; Abrishambaf, R.; Cabral, J.; Monteiro, J.L&a
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2017
- Computed tomography and radiographic assessment of congruity between the ulnar trochlear notch and humeral trochlea in large breed dogs
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Ginja, M.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Ferreira, A.J.; Melo-Pinto, P.&a
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2017
- Performance analysis of ToA-based positioning algorithms for static and dynamic targets with low ranging measurements
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Catarino, A.P.; Monteiro, J.L.
Sensors (Switzerland), 2017
- Model predictive control of an on-board fast battery charger for electric mobility applications
Pedrosa, D.; Gomes, R.; Monteiro, V.; Apar\'icio Fernandes, J.C.; Monteiro, J.; A
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2017
- Characterization of neural network generalization in the determination of pH and anthocyanin content of wine grape in new vintages and varieties
Gomes, V.; Fernandes, A.; Martins-Lopes, P.; Pereira, L.; Mendes Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P&pe
Food Chemistry, 2017
- Detecting and grading severity of bacterial spot caused by Xanthomonas spp. in tomato (Solanum lycopersicon) fields using visible spectrum images
Borges, D.L.; Guedes, S.T.C.M.; Nascimento, A.R.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2016
- Comparison of different approaches for the prediction of sugar content in new vintages of whole Port wine grape berries using hyperspectral imaging
Gomes, V.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2017
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017
- CUTE Mote, A CUstomizable and Trustable End-device for the Internet of Things
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Sensors Journal, 2017
- Use of Visible and Short-Wave Near-Infrared Hyperspectral Imaging to Fingerprint Anthocyanins in Intact Grape Berries
Diago, M.P.; Fern\'andez-Novales, J.; Fernandes, A.M.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Tardaguila, J&p
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2016
- Automatic microaneurysm detection using laws texture masks and support vector machines
Veiga, D.; Martins, N.; Ferreira, M.; Monteiro, J.
Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging and Visualization, 2017
- Intuitionistic fuzzy evaluations for analysis of a student's knowledge of mathematics in university e-learning courses
Sotirova, E.; Atanassov, K.; Shannon, A.; Kim, T.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P.&
2016 IEEE 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, IS 2016 - Proceedings, 2016