Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Proving the suitability of magnetoelectric stimuli for tissue engineering applications
Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Gama, F.M.; Lanceros-Mendez, S.
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2016
- FPGA vendor-agnostic IP-XACT- and XSLT-based RTL design generator
Machado, R.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
Proceedings of the 18th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference: Intelligent and Efficient Technologies and Services for the Citizen, MELECON 2016, 2016
- Development of water-based printable piezoresistive sensors for large strain applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Oliveira, J.; Costa, P.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Botelho&comm
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2017
- Full-gap tracking system for parallel plate electrostatic actuators using closed-loop control
Esteves Moreira, E.; Lima, V.; Serra Alves, F.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A&a
Sensors and Actuators, A: Physical, 2016
- Space and time partitioning with hardware support for space applications
Pinto, S.; Tavares, A.; Montenegro, S.
European Space Agency, (Special Publication) ESA SP, 2016
- Green solvent approach for printable large deformation thermoplastic elastomer based piezoresistive sensors and their suitability for biomedical applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Costa, P.; Oliveira, J.; Ribeiro, S.; Correia, V.; Botelho&comm
Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 2016
- Hybrid real-time operating systems: Deployment of critical FreeRTOS features on FPGA
Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Garcia, P.; Salgado, F.; Silva, V.; Pinto, S.; Ekpa
International Journal of Embedded Systems, 2016
- Low-voltage, High-tuning Range MEMS Variable Capacitor Using Closed-loop Control
Moreira, E.E.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A.
Procedia Engineering, 2016
- Performance Comparison of Sigma-delta Modulator Architectures for MEMS Accelerometers Using a Fully-Digital Approach
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Alves, F.S.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A&
Procedia Engineering, 2016
- Model predictive control of an on-board fast battery charger for electric mobility applications
Pedrosa, D.; Gomes, R.; Monteiro, V.; Apar\'icio Fernandes, J.C.; Monteiro, J.; A
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2017
- Characterization of Metglas/poly(vinylidene fluoride)/Metglas magnetoelectric laminates for AC/DC magnetic sensor applications
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Lasheras, A.
Materials and Design, 2016
- Fast bidirectional shortest path on GPU
Tangjittaweechai, L.; Ekpanyapong, M.; Watewai, T.; Athikulwongse, K.; Lim, S.K.; Tavares&
IEICE Electronics Express, 2016
- Kansei engineering as a tool for the design of in-vehicle rubber keypads
Vieira, J.; Os\'orio, J.M.A.; Mouta, S.; Delgado, P.; Portinha, A.; Me
Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017
- Study of the shielding of angular position sensors with magnetic transduction
Faria, A.; Fontainhas, J.; Araujo, D.; Cabral, J.; Rocha, L.A.
2016 17th International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multi-Physics Simulation and Experiments in Microelectronics and Microsystems, EuroSimE 2016, 2016