Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Fast bidirectional shortest path on GPU
Tangjittaweechai, L.; Ekpanyapong, M.; Watewai, T.; Athikulwongse, K.; Lim, S.K.; Tavares&
IEICE Electronics Express, 2016
- Electronic optimization for an energy harvesting system based on magnetoelectric Metglas/poly(vinylidene fluoride)/Metglas composites
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Rocha, J.G.; Martins, P&a
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Proving the suitability of magnetoelectric stimuli for tissue engineering applications
Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Gama, F.M.; Lanceros-Mendez, S.
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2016
- Optimized anisotropic magnetoelectric response of Fe<inf>61.6</inf>Co<inf>16.4</inf>Si<inf>10.8</inf>B<inf&
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Gutierrez, J.; Lasheras, A&perio
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Eye on Patient Care: Continuous Health Monitoring: Design and Implementation of a Wireless Platform for Healthcare Applications
Miranda, J.; Memon, M.; Cabral, J.; Ravelo, B.; Wagner, S.R.; Pedersen, C&period
IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2017
- Hybrid real-time operating systems: Deployment of critical FreeRTOS features on FPGA
Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Garcia, P.; Salgado, F.; Silva, V.; Pinto, S.; Ekpa
International Journal of Embedded Systems, 2016
- Performance Comparison of Sigma-delta Modulator Architectures for MEMS Accelerometers Using a Fully-Digital Approach
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Alves, F.S.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A&
Procedia Engineering, 2016
- Increasing X-ray to visible transduction performance of Gd<inf>2</inf>O<inf>3</inf>:Eu<sup>3+</sup>PVDF composites by PPO&so
Oliveira, J.; Martins, P.M.; Martins, P.; Correia, V.; Rocha, J.G.; Lanceros-Mendez
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2016
- Mechanical fatigue performance of PCL-chondroprogenitor constructs after cell culture under bioreactor mechanical stimulus
Panadero, J.A.; Sencadas, V.; Silva, S.C.M.; Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; G
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part B Applied Biomaterials, 2016
- Towards an FPGA-based network layer filter for the Internet of Things edge devices
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA, 2016
- Space and time partitioning with hardware support for space applications
Pinto, S.; Tavares, A.; Montenegro, S.
European Space Agency, (Special Publication) ESA SP, 2016
- Kansei engineering as a tool for the design of in-vehicle rubber keypads
Vieira, J.; Os\'orio, J.M.A.; Mouta, S.; Delgado, P.; Portinha, A.; Me
Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- Automatic microaneurysm detection using laws texture masks and support vector machines
Veiga, D.; Martins, N.; Ferreira, M.; Monteiro, J.
Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging and Visualization, 2017
- FPGA vendor-agnostic IP-XACT- and XSLT-based RTL design generator
Machado, R.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
Proceedings of the 18th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference: Intelligent and Efficient Technologies and Services for the Citizen, MELECON 2016, 2016
- We-care: An IoT-based health care system for elderly people
Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Gomes, T.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2017