Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017
- Model predictive control of an on-board fast battery charger for electric mobility applications
Pedrosa, D.; Gomes, R.; Monteiro, V.; Apar\'icio Fernandes, J.C.; Monteiro, J.; A
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2017
- Detecting and grading severity of bacterial spot caused by Xanthomonas spp. in tomato (Solanum lycopersicon) fields using visible spectrum images
Borges, D.L.; Guedes, S.T.C.M.; Nascimento, A.R.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2016
- Electronic optimization for an energy harvesting system based on magnetoelectric Metglas/poly(vinylidene fluoride)/Metglas composites
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Rocha, J.G.; Martins, P&a
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Optimized anisotropic magnetoelectric response of Fe<inf>61.6</inf>Co<inf>16.4</inf>Si<inf>10.8</inf>B<inf&
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Gutierrez, J.; Lasheras, A&perio
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Increasing X-ray to visible transduction performance of Gd<inf>2</inf>O<inf>3</inf>:Eu<sup>3+</sup>PVDF composites by PPO&so
Oliveira, J.; Martins, P.M.; Martins, P.; Correia, V.; Rocha, J.G.; Lanceros-Mendez
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2016
- Eye on Patient Care: Continuous Health Monitoring: Design and Implementation of a Wireless Platform for Healthcare Applications
Miranda, J.; Memon, M.; Cabral, J.; Ravelo, B.; Wagner, S.R.; Pedersen, C&period
IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2017
- Multi-surface segmentation of OCT images with AMD using sparse high order potentials
Oliveira, J.; Pereira, S.; Gon?alves, L.; Ferreira, M.; Silva, C.A.
Biomedical Optics Express, 2017
- All-inkjet-printed low-pass filters with adjustable cutoff frequency consisting of resistors, inductors and transistors for sensor applications
Castro, H.F.; Correia, V.; Sowade, E.; Mitra, K.Y.; Rocha, J.G.; Baumann
Organic Electronics: physics, materials, applications, 2016
- Kansei engineering as a tool for the design of in-vehicle rubber keypads
Vieira, J.; Os\'orio, J.M.A.; Mouta, S.; Delgado, P.; Portinha, A.; Me
Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- Green solvent approach for printable large deformation thermoplastic elastomer based piezoresistive sensors and their suitability for biomedical applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Costa, P.; Oliveira, J.; Ribeiro, S.; Correia, V.; Botelho&comm
Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 2016
- Generalized net models of academic promotion and doctoral candidature
Shannon, A.G.; Riecan, B.; Sotirova, E.; Atanassov, K.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P&
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2017
- Lamb muscle discrimination using hyperspectral imaging: Comparison of various machine learning algorithms
Sanz, J.A.; Fernandes, A.M.; Barrenechea, E.; Silva, S.; Santos, V.; Gon?
Journal of Food Engineering, 2016
- Development of water-based printable piezoresistive sensors for large strain applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Oliveira, J.; Costa, P.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Botelho&comm
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2017
- Mechanical fatigue performance of PCL-chondroprogenitor constructs after cell culture under bioreactor mechanical stimulus
Panadero, J.A.; Sencadas, V.; Silva, S.C.M.; Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; G
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part B Applied Biomaterials, 2016