Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Performance Comparison of Sigma-delta Modulator Architectures for MEMS Accelerometers Using a Fully-Digital Approach
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Alves, F.S.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A&
Procedia Engineering, 2016
- Full-gap tracking system for parallel plate electrostatic actuators using closed-loop control
Esteves Moreira, E.; Lima, V.; Serra Alves, F.; Cabral, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A&a
Sensors and Actuators, A: Physical, 2016
- Proving the suitability of magnetoelectric stimuli for tissue engineering applications
Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Gama, F.M.; Lanceros-Mendez, S.
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2016
- Kansei engineering as a tool for the design of in-vehicle rubber keypads
Vieira, J.; Os\'orio, J.M.A.; Mouta, S.; Delgado, P.; Portinha, A.; Me
Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- Energy saving mechanism for a smart wearable system: Monitoring infants during the sleep
Fernandes, D.; Ferreira, A.G.; Branco, S.; Abrishambaf, R.; Carvalho, H.; Mendes, J&
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2016
- Towards an FPGA-based network layer filter for the Internet of Things edge devices
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA, 2016
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017
- Mechanical fatigue performance of PCL-chondroprogenitor constructs after cell culture under bioreactor mechanical stimulus
Panadero, J.A.; Sencadas, V.; Silva, S.C.M.; Ribeiro, C.; Correia, V.; G
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part B Applied Biomaterials, 2016
- Study of the shielding of angular position sensors with magnetic transduction
Faria, A.; Fontainhas, J.; Araujo, D.; Cabral, J.; Rocha, L.A.
2016 17th International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multi-Physics Simulation and Experiments in Microelectronics and Microsystems, EuroSimE 2016, 2016
- Optimized anisotropic magnetoelectric response of Fe<inf>61.6</inf>Co<inf>16.4</inf>Si<inf>10.8</inf>B<inf&
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Gutierrez, J.; Lasheras, A&perio
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Electronic optimization for an energy harvesting system based on magnetoelectric Metglas/poly(vinylidene fluoride)/Metglas composites
Reis, S.; Silva, M.P.; Castro, N.; Correia, V.; Rocha, J.G.; Martins, P&a
Smart Materials and Structures, 2016
- Keeping you at arm’s length: modifying peripersonal space influences interpersonal distance
Quesque, F.; Ruggiero, G.; Mouta, S.; Santos, J.; Iachini, T.; Coello, Y.
Psychological Research, 2016
- Full virtualization on low-end hardware: A case study
Carvalho, A.; Silva, V.; Afonso, F.; Cardoso, P.; Cabral, J.; Ekpanyapong, M.&se
IECON Proceedings (Industrial Electronics Conference), 2016
- Space and time partitioning with hardware support for space applications
Pinto, S.; Tavares, A.; Montenegro, S.
European Space Agency, (Special Publication) ESA SP, 2016
- Green solvent approach for printable large deformation thermoplastic elastomer based piezoresistive sensors and their suitability for biomedical applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Costa, P.; Oliveira, J.; Ribeiro, S.; Correia, V.; Botelho&comm
Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 2016