Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- The future of low-end motes in the internet of things: A prospective paper
Oliveira, D.; Costa, M.; Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.
Electronics (Switzerland), 2020
- CLARA: Cloud Learning Autonomous Reacting Algorithms, a Machine Learning Service for the Internet of Things
Branco, S.; Ferreira, A.G.; Cabral, J.
9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems 2018: Theory, Research and Innovation in Applications, IS 2018 - Proceedings, 2019
- Applying aggregation and pre-aggregation functions in the classification of grape berries
Lucca, G.; Antonio Sanz, J.; Bustince, H.; Dimuro, G.P.; Gomes, V.; Constantino Madureira&
IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 2018
- ChamelIoT: An Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019
- Operating Systems for Internet of Things Low-End Devices: Analysis and Benchmarking
Silva, M.; Cerdeira, D.; Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019
- A Pedestrian Positioning System Integrated into a Cyber-Physical System for Emergency Responders' Monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Montem, J.; Catarino, A.P.; Rocha, A.M.
IPIN 2018 - 9th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2018
- Towards a Green and Secure Architecture for Reconfigurable IoT End-Devices
Oliveira, D.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
Proceedings - 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2018, 2018
- A Low Power Concurrent Dual-Band Low Noise Amplifier for WLAN Applications
Khosravi, H.; Bijari, A.; Kandalaft, N.; Cabral, J.
2019 IEEE 10th Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference, IEMCON 2019, 2019
- Intuitionistic fuzzy evaluations for the analysis of a student’s knowledge in university e-learning courses
Sotirova, E.; Shannon, A.; Kim, T.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Rie?an, B&perio
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2019
- Detecting Driver's Fatigue, Distraction and Activity Using a non-Intrusive Ai-Based Monitoring System
costa, M.; Oliveira, D.; Pinto, S.; Tavares, A.
Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing Research, 2019
- Resolution of Constrained Non-linear Optimization Problems Using Direct Search Methods Combined with New Measures to Admissibility in Filters Method
Correia, A.; Matias, J.; Mestre, P.; Serodio, C.
Proceedings - 2017 International Conference on Control, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Optimization, ICCAIRO 2017, 2018
- Designing Synchronizers for Nutt-TDCs
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.
Proceedings - 5th International Conference on Event-Based Control, Communication and Signal Processing, EBCCSP 2019, 2019
- Application specific architecture for hardware accelerating HOG-SVM to achieve high throughput on HD frames
Ranawaka, P.; Ekpanyapong, M.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.; Athikulwongse, K.; Silva, V.
Proceedings of the International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors, 2019
- DBTOR: A dynamic binary translation architecture for modern embedded systems
Salgado, F.; Gomes, T.; Cabral, J.; Monteiro, J.; Tavares, A.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2019
- Recent Developments and Challenges in FPGA-Based Time-To-Digital Converters
Machado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.S.
IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 2019