The Computer Communications and Networks (CCN) is a Research Group of Centro Algoritmi, School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
The Group was organised in 1975, the University’s inaugural year. It has since contributed extensively to the establishment and development of the University research network and all associated services within the whole University, its Informatics Department, and to the introduction of graduate and postgraduate courses in Informatics Engineering in the country.
The Computer Communications and Networks R&D+I group has played a major role in the establishment of the National Universities’ Network, Portuguese NREN, and in the establishment of the Internet in Portugal.
The group teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in both Master’s and Doctoral’s School programmes, covering a broad set of fundamental and advanced topics in computer networks and networking technologies.
Current research interests includes the engineering, test and deployment of QoS-aware network solutions to support emerging applications and new paradigms in network infrastructures and service networks.
Advanced Computer Networking is the major topic of research within the priority thematic area of Information and Communication Technologies, covering a broader Area of Research and Development, including:
- Integrated Network Communication Environments
- Modelling, Design and Performance Analysis of Routing Protocols
- Quality of Service in Fixed/Mobile IP(v6) Networks
- Mobile and Vehicular Area Networks
- Multimedia and Multicast applications and protocols
- Network Information Retrieval
- Wireless, Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks
- Automated Network and Services Management
CCN leader: Alexandre Santos
Recent CCN Publications:
- Evaluating Privacy Attacks in Named Data Network
Dogruluk, Ertugrul; Costa, Antonio; Macedo, Joaquim; IEEE
2016 Ieee Symposium on Computers and Communication (Iscc), 2016
- The smartphone-based offline indoor location competition at IPIN 2016: Analysis and future work
Torres-Sospedra, J.; Jim\'enez, A.R.; Knauth, S.; Moreira, A.; Beer, Y.; Fetzer&a
Sensors (Switzerland), 2017
- Exploring SDN to deploy flexible sampling-based network monitoring
da Silva, C.P.; Lima, S.R.; Silva, J.M.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2017
- An artificial intelligence approach to dyscalculia
Ferraz, F.; Neves, J.; Costa, A.; Vicente, H.
Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2016
- A framework for improving routing configurations using multi-objective optimization mechanisms
Sousa, P.; Pereira, V.; Cortez, P.; Rio, M.; Rocha, M.
Journal of Communications Software and Systems, 2016
- Towards automated test and validation of SIP solutions
Gon?alves, D.; Amaral, A.; Costa, A.; Sousa, P.
Telecommunication Systems, 2016
- An evolutive model for open science in Mozambique
Mulhanga, M.M.; Lima, S.R.; Massingue, V.
Networking in Education and Research: RoEduNet International Conference 15th Edition, RoEduNet 2016 - Proceedings, 2016
- Towards cloud storage services characterization
Oliveira, D.; Carvalho, P.; Lima, S.R.
Proceedings - IEEE 18th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, CSE 2015, 2016
- Analysing traffic flows through sampling: A comparative study
Silva, J.M.C.; Carvalho, P.; Lima, S.R.
Proceedings - IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, 2016
- Improving energy-awareness in selective reprogramming of WSNs
Abdah, H.; Lima, E.; Carvalho, P.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2016
- Optimizing Segment Routing using Evolutionary Computation
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- Gaming in dyscalculia: A review on disMAT
Ferraz, F.; Costa, A.; Alves, V.; Vicente, H.; Neves, J.; Neves, J.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2017
- An automated framework for the management of P2P traffic in ISP infrastructures
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2016
- Optimizing Load Balancing Routing Mechanisms with Evolutionary Computation
Pereira, Vitor; Rocha, Miguel; Sousa, Pedro
Intelligent Environments 2016, 2016
- A New Approach on Communications Architectures for Intelligent Transportation Systems
Sousa, S.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Dias, B.; Ribeiro, B.; Gon?alves, F.&
Procedia Computer Science, 2017