The Computer Communications and Networks (CCN) is a Research Group of Centro Algoritmi, School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
The Group was organised in 1975, the University’s inaugural year. It has since contributed extensively to the establishment and development of the University research network and all associated services within the whole University, its Informatics Department, and to the introduction of graduate and postgraduate courses in Informatics Engineering in the country.
The Computer Communications and Networks R&D+I group has played a major role in the establishment of the National Universities’ Network, Portuguese NREN, and in the establishment of the Internet in Portugal.
The group teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in both Master’s and Doctoral’s School programmes, covering a broad set of fundamental and advanced topics in computer networks and networking technologies.
Current research interests includes the engineering, test and deployment of QoS-aware network solutions to support emerging applications and new paradigms in network infrastructures and service networks.
Advanced Computer Networking is the major topic of research within the priority thematic area of Information and Communication Technologies, covering a broader Area of Research and Development, including:
- Integrated Network Communication Environments
- Modelling, Design and Performance Analysis of Routing Protocols
- Quality of Service in Fixed/Mobile IP(v6) Networks
- Mobile and Vehicular Area Networks
- Multimedia and Multicast applications and protocols
- Network Information Retrieval
- Wireless, Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks
- Automated Network and Services Management
CCN leader: Alexandre Santos
Recent CCN Publications:
- The smartphone-based offline indoor location competition at IPIN 2016: Analysis and future work
Torres-Sospedra, J.; Jim\'enez, A.R.; Knauth, S.; Moreira, A.; Beer, Y.; Fetzer&a
Sensors (Switzerland), 2017
- Technological Initiatives to Promote Science Growth in Mozambique
Mulhanga, M.M.; Massingue, V.; Lima, S.R.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2018
- A realistic evaluation of indoor positioning systems based on Wi-Fi fingerprinting: The 2015 EvAAL-ETRI competition
Torres-Sospedra, J.; Moreira, A.; Knauth, S.; Berkvens, R.; Montoliu, R.; Belmonte, O&perio
Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, 2017
- Podcast as e-learning enabler for developing countries: Current initiatives, challenges and trends
Mulhanga, M.M.; Lima, S.R.
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, 2017
- Offloading Surrogates Characterization via Mobile Crowdsensing
Lima, E.; Aguiar, A.; Carvalho, P.
CrowdSenSys 2017 - Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and Applications, Part of SenSys 2017, 2017
- Exploring SDN to deploy flexible sampling-based network monitoring
da Silva, C.P.; Lima, S.R.; Silva, J.M.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2017
- Simulation and Testing of a Platooning Cooperative Longitudinal Controller
Hapanchak, V.; Costa, A.; Macedo, J.; Santos, A.; Dias, B.; Nicolau, M.J.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2019
- Optimizing Segment Routing using Evolutionary Computation
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- A detection and defense approach for content privacy in named data network
Dogruluk, E.; Costa, A.; Macedo, J.
2019 10th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security, NTMS 2019 - Proceedings and Workshop, 2019
- Secure management of autonomous vehicle platooning
Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M.J.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Dias, B&a
Q2SWinet 2018 - Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Symposium on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks, 2018
- PLASA - Platooning service architecture
Ribeiro, B.; Gama, ?.; Costa, A.; Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M&
DIVANet 2018 - Proceedings of the 8th ACM Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications, 2018
- LiteSense: An adaptive sensing scheme for WSNs
Silva, J.M.C.; Bispo, K.A.; Carvalho, P.; Lima, S.R.
Proceedings - IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, 2017
- Hybrid model for secure communications and identity management in vehicular ad hoc networks
Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Barros, S.; Sousa, S.; Hapanchak, V.;
International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, 2018
- An application for traffic analysis and optimization of network infrastructures,Plataforma para Análise de Tráfego e Optimização de Infraestruturas de Comunicação
Pereira, M.; Sousa, P.
Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, CISTI, 2018
- Performance analysis of two machine-to-machine architecture types in vehicular communications
Araujo, P.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Hapanchak, V.&sem
20th IEEE International Symposium on A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, WoWMoM 2019, 2019