The Computer Communications and Networks (CCN) is a Research Group of Centro Algoritmi, School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
The Group was organised in 1975, the University’s inaugural year. It has since contributed extensively to the establishment and development of the University research network and all associated services within the whole University, its Informatics Department, and to the introduction of graduate and postgraduate courses in Informatics Engineering in the country.
The Computer Communications and Networks R&D+I group has played a major role in the establishment of the National Universities’ Network, Portuguese NREN, and in the establishment of the Internet in Portugal.
The group teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in both Master’s and Doctoral’s School programmes, covering a broad set of fundamental and advanced topics in computer networks and networking technologies.
Current research interests includes the engineering, test and deployment of QoS-aware network solutions to support emerging applications and new paradigms in network infrastructures and service networks.
Advanced Computer Networking is the major topic of research within the priority thematic area of Information and Communication Technologies, covering a broader Area of Research and Development, including:
- Integrated Network Communication Environments
- Modelling, Design and Performance Analysis of Routing Protocols
- Quality of Service in Fixed/Mobile IP(v6) Networks
- Mobile and Vehicular Area Networks
- Multimedia and Multicast applications and protocols
- Network Information Retrieval
- Wireless, Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks
- Automated Network and Services Management
CCN leader: Alexandre Santos
Recent CCN Publications:
- An adaptable and ISP-friendly multicast overlay network
Sampaio, A.; Sousa, P.
Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, 2018
- Gaming in dyscalculia: A review on disMAT
Ferraz, F.; Costa, A.; Alves, V.; Vicente, H.; Neves, J.; Neves, J.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2017
- Evaluation of Broadcast Storm Mitigation Techniques on Vehicular Networks Enabled by WAVE or NDN
Gama, O.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Dias, B.; Macedo, J.; Nicolau, M.J.&
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2020
- Identifying previously requested content by side-channel timing attack in NDN
Dogruluk, E.; Costa, A.; Macedo, J.
Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2018
- The smartphone-based offline indoor location competition at IPIN 2016: Analysis and future work
Torres-Sospedra, J.; Jim\'enez, A.R.; Knauth, S.; Moreira, A.; Beer, Y.; Fetzer&a
Sensors (Switzerland), 2017
- Building sustainable NRENs in Africa - A technological and e-Education perspective
Mulhanga, M.M.; Lima, S.R.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- Performance analysis of two machine-to-machine architecture types in vehicular communications
Araujo, P.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Hapanchak, V.&sem
20th IEEE International Symposium on A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, WoWMoM 2019, 2019
- Offloading Surrogates Characterization via Mobile Crowdsensing
Lima, E.; Aguiar, A.; Carvalho, P.
CrowdSenSys 2017 - Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and Applications, Part of SenSys 2017, 2017
- Optimizing Segment Routing using Evolutionary Computation
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- Secure management of autonomous vehicle platooning
Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M.J.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Dias, B&a
Q2SWinet 2018 - Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Symposium on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks, 2018
- Using semantic web to improve accessibility to visually impaired users
Sorrentino, T.A.; Macedo, J.; Santos, A.; Ribeiro, C.; Vieira, V.; Secundo, M&pe
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, 2018
- PLASA - Platooning service architecture
Ribeiro, B.; Gama, ?.; Costa, A.; Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M&
DIVANet 2018 - Proceedings of the 8th ACM Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications, 2018
- Segment routing single link failure congestion optimization
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
ICETE 2018 - Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications, 2018
- A Systematic Review on Intelligent Intrusion Detection Systems for VANETs
Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Dias, B.; MacE
International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, 2019
- Performance evaluation of an emergency vehicle in a simulated traffic scenario
Gama, O.; Costa, A.; Nicolau, M.J.; Santos, A.; MacEdo, J.; Dias, B.&
Proceedings of 2018 16th International Conference on Intelligent Transport System Telecommunications, ITST 2018, 2018