Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Comparison of different approaches for the prediction of sugar content in new vintages of whole Port wine grape berries using hyperspectral imaging
Gomes, V.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2017
- Digital platform for Sigma-Delta accelerometer assessment and test
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Cabral, J.; Monteiro, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A.
Microsystem Technologies, 2018
- Securing RESTful web services using multiple JSON web tokens
Mestre, P.; Madureira, R.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Serodio, C.
Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, 2017
- A review of the application to emergent subfields in viticulture of local reflectance and interactance spectroscopy combined with soft computing and multivariate analysis
Fernandes, A.; Gomes, V.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2018
- Survey and taxonomy of transmissions power control mechanisms for wireless body area networks
Fernandes, D.; Ferreira, A.G.; Abrishambaf, R.; Mendes, J.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, 2018
- Development of water-based printable piezoresistive sensors for large strain applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Oliveira, J.; Costa, P.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Botelho&comm
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2017
- Brain extraction in partial volumes T2*@7T by using a quasi-anatomic segmentation with bias field correction
Valente, J.; Vieira, P.M.; Couto, C.; Lima, C.S.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2018
- Computed tomography and radiographic assessment of congruity between the ulnar trochlear notch and humeral trochlea in large breed dogs
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Ginja, M.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Ferreira, A.J.; Melo-Pinto, P.&a
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2017
- TZ- VirtIO: Enabling Standardized Inter-Partition Communication in a Trustzone-Assisted Hypervisor
Oliveira, A.; Martins, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 2018
- Assessment of grapevine variety discrimination using stem hyperspectral data and AdaBoost of random weight neural networks
Fernandes, A.; Utkin, A.; Eiras-Dias, J.; Silvestre, J.; Cunha, J.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2018
- Automatic microaneurysm detection using laws texture masks and support vector machines
Veiga, D.; Martins, N.; Ferreira, M.; Monteiro, J.
Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging and Visualization, 2018
- μRTZvisor: A secure and safe real-time hypervisor
Martins, J.; Alves, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
Electronics (Switzerland), 2017
- ChamelIoT: an Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018
- Intuitionistic fuzzy evaluations for the analysis of a student’s knowledge in university e-learning courses
Sotirova, E.; Shannon, A.; Kim, T.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Rie?an, B&perio
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2019
- Radiographic assessment of humeroulnar congruity in a medium and a large breed of dog
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Cola?o, B.; Fernandes, A.M.; Gon?alves, L.; Cola?o, J.
Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound, 2017