Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- All-Digital Time-to-Digital Converter Design Methodology Based on Structured Data Paths
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.S.
IEEE Access, 2019
- Serious Game for Teaching Statistics in Higher Education: Storyboard Design
Barbosa, T.; Lopes, S.; Le\~ao, C.P.; Soares, F.; Carvalho, V.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2019
- Towards a Green and Secure Architecture for Reconfigurable IoT End-Devices
Oliveira, D.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
Proceedings - 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2018, 2018
- Non-intrusive hardware acceleration for dynamic binary translation in embedded systems
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Monteiro, J.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2019
- Operating Systems for Internet of Things Low-End Devices: Analysis and Benchmarking
Silva, M.; Cerdeira, D.; Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019
- Detecting Driver's Fatigue, Distraction and Activity Using a non-Intrusive Ai-Based Monitoring System
costa, M.; Oliveira, D.; Pinto, S.; Tavares, A.
Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing Research, 2019
- Using support vector regression and hyperspectral imaging for the prediction of oenological parameters on different vintages and varieties ofwine grape berries
Silva, R.; Gomes, V.; Mendes-Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Remote Sensing, 2018
- A Pedestrian Positioning System Integrated into a Cyber-Physical System for Emergency Responders' Monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Montem, J.; Catarino, A.P.; Rocha, A.M.
IPIN 2018 - 9th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2018
- CLARA: Cloud Learning Autonomous Reacting Algorithms, a Machine Learning Service for the Internet of Things
Branco, S.; Ferreira, A.G.; Cabral, J.
9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems 2018: Theory, Research and Innovation in Applications, IS 2018 - Proceedings, 2019
- Applying aggregation and pre-aggregation functions in the classification of grape berries
Lucca, G.; Antonio Sanz, J.; Bustince, H.; Dimuro, G.P.; Gomes, V.; Constantino Madureira&
IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 2018
- Virtualization on trustzone-enabled microcontrollers? Voilà!
Pinto, S.; Araujo, H.; Oliveira, D.; Martins, J.; Tavares, A.
Proceedings of the IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, RTAS, 2019
- Designing Synchronizers for Nutt-TDCs
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.
Proceedings - 5th International Conference on Event-Based Control, Communication and Signal Processing, EBCCSP 2019, 2019
- ChamelIoT: An Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019
- Application specific architecture for hardware accelerating HOG-SVM to achieve high throughput on HD frames
Ranawaka, P.; Ekpanyapong, M.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.; Athikulwongse, K.; Silva, V.
Proceedings of the International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors, 2019
- Textile electrodes for heart rate measurement: A comparative study for firefighters' monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Catarino, A.P.; Monteiro, J.L.; Rocha, A.M&per
Key Engineering Materials, 2019