Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Non-intrusive hardware acceleration for dynamic binary translation in embedded systems
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Monteiro, J.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2019
- Using support vector regression and hyperspectral imaging for the prediction of oenological parameters on different vintages and varieties ofwine grape berries
Silva, R.; Gomes, V.; Mendes-Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Remote Sensing, 2018
- A Pedestrian Positioning System Integrated into a Cyber-Physical System for Emergency Responders' Monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Montem, J.; Catarino, A.P.; Rocha, A.M.
IPIN 2018 - 9th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2018
- Assessment of grapevine variety discrimination using stem hyperspectral data and AdaBoost of random weight neural networks
Fernandes, A.; Utkin, A.; Eiras-Dias, J.; Silvestre, J.; Cunha, J.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2018
- CLARA: Cloud Learning Autonomous Reacting Algorithms, a Machine Learning Service for the Internet of Things
Branco, S.; Ferreira, A.G.; Cabral, J.
9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems 2018: Theory, Research and Innovation in Applications, IS 2018 - Proceedings, 2019
- Survey and taxonomy of transmissions power control mechanisms for wireless body area networks
Fernandes, D.; Ferreira, A.G.; Abrishambaf, R.; Mendes, J.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, 2018
- Applying aggregation and pre-aggregation functions in the classification of grape berries
Lucca, G.; Antonio Sanz, J.; Bustince, H.; Dimuro, G.P.; Gomes, V.; Constantino Madureira&
IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 2018
- A mind-mapping front-end for text writing
Lopes, S.F.; Castro, R.; Arajo, S.
Proceedings - IEEE 16th International Conference on Industrial Informatics, INDIN 2018, 2018
- All-Digital Time-to-Digital Converter Design Methodology Based on Structured Data Paths
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.S.
IEEE Access, 2019
- Intuitionistic fuzzy evaluations for the analysis of a student’s knowledge in university e-learning courses
Sotirova, E.; Shannon, A.; Kim, T.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Rie?an, B&perio
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2019
- Resolution of Constrained Non-linear Optimization Problems Using Direct Search Methods Combined with New Measures to Admissibility in Filters Method
Correia, A.; Matias, J.; Mestre, P.; Serodio, C.
Proceedings - 2017 International Conference on Control, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Optimization, ICCAIRO 2017, 2018
- ChamelIoT: an Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018
- Towards a Green and Secure Architecture for Reconfigurable IoT End-Devices
Oliveira, D.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
Proceedings - 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2018, 2018
- TZ- VirtIO: Enabling Standardized Inter-Partition Communication in a Trustzone-Assisted Hypervisor
Oliveira, A.; Martins, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 2018
- Automatic Segmentation and Detection of Small Bowel Angioectasias in WCE Images
Vieira, P.M.; Silva, C.P.; Costa, D.; Vaz, I.F.; Rolanda, C.; Lima&c
Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2019