Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Serious Game for Teaching Statistics in Higher Education: Storyboard Design
Barbosa, T.; Lopes, S.; Le\~ao, C.P.; Soares, F.; Carvalho, V.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2019
- Application specific architecture for hardware accelerating HOG-SVM to achieve high throughput on HD frames
Ranawaka, P.; Ekpanyapong, M.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.; Athikulwongse, K.; Silva, V.
Proceedings of the International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors, 2019
- All-Digital Time-to-Digital Converter Design Methodology Based on Structured Data Paths
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.S.
IEEE Access, 2019
- A Low Power Concurrent Dual-Band Low Noise Amplifier for WLAN Applications
Khosravi, H.; Bijari, A.; Kandalaft, N.; Cabral, J.
2019 IEEE 10th Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference, IEMCON 2019, 2019
- SiGe nanowire arrays based thermoelectric microgenerator
Domnez Noyan, I.; Gadea, G.; Salleras, M.; Pacios, M.; Calaza, C.; Stranz, A.&se
Nano Energy, 2019
- ChamelIoT: An Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019
- An adaptive serious game of statistics: Project development and mechanisms
Barbosa, T.; Lopes, S.F.; Soares, F.; Carvalho, V.; Leao, C.P.
Proceedings of the 2019 5th Experiment at International Conference, exp.at 2019, 2019
- Designing Synchronizers for Nutt-TDCs
MacHado, R.; Cabral, J.; Alves, F.
Proceedings - 5th International Conference on Event-Based Control, Communication and Signal Processing, EBCCSP 2019, 2019
- CLARA: Cloud Learning Autonomous Reacting Algorithms, a Machine Learning Service for the Internet of Things
Branco, S.; Ferreira, A.G.; Cabral, J.
9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems 2018: Theory, Research and Innovation in Applications, IS 2018 - Proceedings, 2019
- Q-Leaming for Autonomous Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance
Ribeiro, T.; Gon?alves, F.; Garcia, I.; Lopes, G.; Ribeiro, A.F.
19th IEEE International Conference on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions, ICARSC 2019, 2019
- All-silicon thermoelectric micro/nanogenerator including a heat exchanger for harvesting applications
Donmez Noyan, I.; Dolcet, M.; Salleras, M.; Stranz, A.; Calaza, C.; Gadea, G.&se
Journal of Power Sources, 2019
- Automatic Segmentation and Detection of Small Bowel Angioectasias in WCE Images
Vieira, P.M.; Silva, C.P.; Costa, D.; Vaz, I.F.; Rolanda, C.; Lima&c
Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2019
- Virtualization on trustzone-enabled microcontrollers? Voilà!
Pinto, S.; Araujo, H.; Oliveira, D.; Martins, J.; Tavares, A.
Proceedings of the IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, RTAS, 2019
- An efficient and deterministic photon management using deep subwavelength features
Prajapati, A.; Llobet, J.; Antunes, M.; Martins, S.; Fonseca, H.; Calaza, C.&sem
Nano Energy, 2020
- Development of an anthropomorphic mobile manipulator with human, machine and environment interaction
Gon?alves, F.; Ribeiro, T.; Garcia, I.; Ribeiro, F.A.; Monteiro, C.; Lopes&comma
FME Transactions, 2019