Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Novel magnetic readout for hybrid spintronic MEMS devices
Dias, R.A.; Moreira, E.E.; Ribeiro, I.; Costa, M.; Fonseca, H.; Cardoso,
TRANSDUCERS 2017 - 19th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, 2017
- Piezo-resistive behaviour at high strain levels of PEDOT:PSS printed on a flexible polymeric substrate by a novel surface treatment
Cruz, S.; Rocha, L.A.; Viana, J.C.
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2017
- Condition Codes Evaluation on Dynamic Binary Translation for Embedded Platforms
Salgado, F.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, 2017
- Comparison of different approaches for the prediction of sugar content in new vintages of whole Port wine grape berries using hyperspectral imaging
Gomes, V.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2017
- A review of the application to emergent subfields in viticulture of local reflectance and interactance spectroscopy combined with soft computing and multivariate analysis
Fernandes, A.; Gomes, V.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2018
- Computed tomography and radiographic assessment of congruity between the ulnar trochlear notch and humeral trochlea in large breed dogs
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Ginja, M.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Ferreira, A.J.; Melo-Pinto, P.&a
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2017
- Characterization of neural network generalization in the determination of pH and anthocyanin content of wine grape in new vintages and varieties
Gomes, V.; Fernandes, A.; Martins-Lopes, P.; Pereira, L.; Mendes Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P&pe
Food Chemistry, 2017
- Kansei engineering as a tool for the design of in-vehicle rubber keypads
Vieira, J.; Os\'orio, J.M.A.; Mouta, S.; Delgado, P.; Portinha, A.; Me
Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- Radiographic assessment of humeroulnar congruity in a medium and a large breed of dog
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Cola?o, B.; Fernandes, A.M.; Gon?alves, L.; Cola?o, J.
Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound, 2017
- Generation of multi-fingerprint maps using propagation models
Mestre, P.; Cordeiro, J.; Reigoto, L.; Coutinho, L.; Botelho, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2017
- We-care: An IoT-based health care system for elderly people
Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Gomes, T.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2017
- μRTZvisor: A secure and safe real-time hypervisor
Martins, J.; Alves, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
Electronics (Switzerland), 2017
- A Low Traffic Overhead Transmission Power Control for Wireless Body Area Networks
Fernandes, D.; Ferreira, A.G.; Abrishambaf, R.; Mendes, J.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Sensors Journal, 2017
- Eye on Patient Care: Continuous Health Monitoring: Design and Implementation of a Wireless Platform for Healthcare Applications
Miranda, J.; Memon, M.; Cabral, J.; Ravelo, B.; Wagner, S.R.; Pedersen, C&period
IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2017
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017