Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Analysis of OPC unified architecture for healthcare applications
Miranda, J.; Cabral, J.; Banerjee, S.; Grossmann, D.; Pedersen, C.F.; Wagner, S&
IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA, 2018
- Assessment of grapevine variety discrimination using stem hyperspectral data and AdaBoost of random weight neural networks
Fernandes, A.; Utkin, A.; Eiras-Dias, J.; Silvestre, J.; Cunha, J.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2018
- Brain extraction in partial volumes T2*@7T by using a quasi-anatomic segmentation with bias field correction
Valente, J.; Vieira, P.M.; Couto, C.; Lima, C.S.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2018
- Textile-based pressure sensors for step detection: A preliminary assessment
Ferreira, A.G.; Catarino, A.P.; Monteiro, J.L.; Rocha, A.M.
IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018
- Multiple JSON web tokens for mobile distributed applications
Mestre, P.; Madureira, R.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2018
- Automatic microaneurysm detection using laws texture masks and support vector machines
Veiga, D.; Martins, N.; Ferreira, M.; Monteiro, J.
Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging and Visualization, 2018
- Using support vector regression and hyperspectral imaging for the prediction of oenological parameters on different vintages and varieties ofwine grape berries
Silva, R.; Gomes, V.; Mendes-Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Remote Sensing, 2018
- A Pedestrian Positioning System Integrated into a Cyber-Physical System for Emergency Responders' Monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Montem, J.; Catarino, A.P.; Rocha, A.M.
IPIN 2018 - 9th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2018
- Towards a Green and Secure Architecture for Reconfigurable IoT End-Devices
Oliveira, D.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
Proceedings - 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2018, 2018
- Radiographic assessment of humeroulnar congruity in a medium and a large breed of dog
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Cola?o, B.; Fernandes, A.M.; Gon?alves, L.; Cola?o, J.
Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound, 2017
- Digital platform for Sigma-Delta accelerometer assessment and test
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Cabral, J.; Monteiro, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A.
Microsystem Technologies, 2018
- Applying aggregation and pre-aggregation functions in the classification of grape berries
Lucca, G.; Antonio Sanz, J.; Bustince, H.; Dimuro, G.P.; Gomes, V.; Constantino Madureira&
IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 2018
- ChamelIoT: an Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018
- A mind-mapping front-end for text writing
Lopes, S.F.; Castro, R.; Arajo, S.
Proceedings - IEEE 16th International Conference on Industrial Informatics, INDIN 2018, 2018
- A Low Traffic Overhead Transmission Power Control for Wireless Body Area Networks
Fernandes, D.; Ferreira, A.G.; Abrishambaf, R.; Mendes, J.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Sensors Journal, 2018