Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Digital platform for Sigma-Delta accelerometer assessment and test
Lima, V.; Brito, N.; Cabral, J.; Monteiro, J.; Gaspar, J.; Rocha, L.A.
Microsystem Technologies, 2018
- Automatic microaneurysm detection using laws texture masks and support vector machines
Veiga, D.; Martins, N.; Ferreira, M.; Monteiro, J.
Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging and Visualization, 2018
- Radiographic assessment of humeroulnar congruity in a medium and a large breed of dog
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Cola?o, B.; Fernandes, A.M.; Gon?alves, L.; Cola?o, J.
Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound, 2017
- A mind-mapping front-end for text writing
Lopes, S.F.; Castro, R.; Arajo, S.
Proceedings - IEEE 16th International Conference on Industrial Informatics, INDIN 2018, 2018
- Assessment of grapevine variety discrimination using stem hyperspectral data and AdaBoost of random weight neural networks
Fernandes, A.; Utkin, A.; Eiras-Dias, J.; Silvestre, J.; Cunha, J.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2018
- Towards a Green and Secure Architecture for Reconfigurable IoT End-Devices
Oliveira, D.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
Proceedings - 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2018, 2018
- Comparison of different approaches for the prediction of sugar content in new vintages of whole Port wine grape berries using hyperspectral imaging
Gomes, V.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2017
- A penalty based filters method in direct search optimization
Correia, A.; Matias, J.; Mestre, P.; Ser\^odio, C.
WSEAS Transactions on Systems and Control, 2018
- A review of the application to emergent subfields in viticulture of local reflectance and interactance spectroscopy combined with soft computing and multivariate analysis
Fernandes, A.; Gomes, V.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2018
- Multiple JSON web tokens for mobile distributed applications
Mestre, P.; Madureira, R.; Melo-Pinto, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2018
- TZ- VirtIO: Enabling Standardized Inter-Partition Communication in a Trustzone-Assisted Hypervisor
Oliveira, A.; Martins, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, 2018
- Textile-based pressure sensors for step detection: A preliminary assessment
Ferreira, A.G.; Catarino, A.P.; Monteiro, J.L.; Rocha, A.M.
IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018
- A Pedestrian Positioning System Integrated into a Cyber-Physical System for Emergency Responders' Monitoring
Ferreira, A.G.; Fernandes, D.; Montem, J.; Catarino, A.P.; Rocha, A.M.
IPIN 2018 - 9th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2018
- A 6LoWPAN Accelerator for Internet of Things Endpoint Devices
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018
- ChamelIoT: an Agnostic Operating System Framework for Reconfigurable IoT Devices
Silva, M.; Tavares, A.; Gomes, T.; Pinto, S.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018