Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- IIoTEED: An Enhanced, Trusted Execution Environment for Industrial IoT Edge Devices
Pinto, S.; Gomes, T.; Pereira, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet Computing, 2017
- Development of water-based printable piezoresistive sensors for large strain applications
Gon?alves, B.F.; Oliveira, J.; Costa, P.; Correia, V.; Martins, P.; Botelho&comm
Composites Part B: Engineering, 2017
- CUTE Mote, A Customizable and Trustable End-Device for the Internet of Things
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Sensors Journal, 2017
- Setting engineering students up for success in the 21st century: Integrating gamification and crowdsourcing into a CDIO-based web design course
Song, D.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.; Xu, H.
Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 2017
- Generation of multi-fingerprint maps using propagation models
Mestre, P.; Cordeiro, J.; Reigoto, L.; Coutinho, L.; Botelho, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2017
- Comparison of different approaches for the prediction of sugar content in new vintages of whole Port wine grape berries using hyperspectral imaging
Gomes, V.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2017
- Using cystoscopy to segment bladder tumors with a multivariate approach in different color spaces
Freitas, N.R.; Vieira, P.M.; Lima, E.; Lima, C.S.
Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS, 2017
- Ensemble learning based classification for BCI applications
Silva, V.F.; Barbosa, R.M.; Vieira, P.M.; Lima, C.S.
ENBENG 2017 - 5th Portuguese Meeting on Bioengineering, Proceedings, 2017
- Eye on Patient Care: Continuous Health Monitoring: Design and Implementation of a Wireless Platform for Healthcare Applications
Miranda, J.; Memon, M.; Cabral, J.; Ravelo, B.; Wagner, S.R.; Pedersen, C&period
IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2017
- Brain extraction in partial volumes T2*@7T by using a quasi-anatomic segmentation with bias field correction
Valente, J.; Vieira, P.M.; Couto, C.; Lima, C.S.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2018
- Computed tomography and radiographic assessment of congruity between the ulnar trochlear notch and humeral trochlea in large breed dogs
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Ginja, M.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Ferreira, A.J.; Melo-Pinto, P.&a
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2017
- LTZVisor: TrustZone is the key
Pinto, S.; Pereira, J.; Gomes, T.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.
Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, LIPIcs, 2017
- A review of the application to emergent subfields in viticulture of local reflectance and interactance spectroscopy combined with soft computing and multivariate analysis
Fernandes, A.; Gomes, V.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2018
- Novel magnetic readout for hybrid spintronic MEMS devices
Dias, R.A.; Moreira, E.E.; Ribeiro, I.; Costa, M.; Fonseca, H.; Cardoso,
TRANSDUCERS 2017 - 19th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, 2017
- Piezo-resistive behaviour at high strain levels of PEDOT:PSS printed on a flexible polymeric substrate by a novel surface treatment
Cruz, S.; Rocha, L.A.; Viana, J.C.
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2017