Almost all electronic devices manufactured today are embedded systems, and everyone is surrounded by this technology as personal communication/entertainment devices, in their homes as household appliances and comfort and security systems, in their cars, in transportation systems, telecommunications, etc.
The Embedded Systems Research Group is active in research and development. In terms of research, it study methodologies and tools to support the creation of embedded systems, in particular. languages and specification tools, real-time operating systems, simulation techniques and support for fault-tolerance. The Group also develops prototypes for commercial and industrial application.
Research Group Embedded Systems consists of researchers from Department of Industrial Electronics of University of Minho , and is integrated in Algoritmi Center. The team also includes students and doctoral level.
ESRG leader: João Monteiro
Recent ESRG Publications:
- Segmentation of bladder tumors in cystoscopy images using a MAP approach in different color spaces
Freitas, N.R.; Vieira, P.M.; Lima, E.; Lima, C.S.
ENBENG 2017 - 5th Portuguese Meeting on Bioengineering, Proceedings, 2017
- Piezo-resistive behaviour at high strain levels of PEDOT:PSS printed on a flexible polymeric substrate by a novel surface treatment
Cruz, S.; Rocha, L.A.; Viana, J.C.
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2017
- A review of the application to emergent subfields in viticulture of local reflectance and interactance spectroscopy combined with soft computing and multivariate analysis
Fernandes, A.; Gomes, V.; Melo-Pinto, P.
Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 2018
- Brain extraction in partial volumes T2*@7T by using a quasi-anatomic segmentation with bias field correction
Valente, J.; Vieira, P.M.; Couto, C.; Lima, C.S.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2018
- Radiographic assessment of humeroulnar congruity in a medium and a large breed of dog
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Cola?o, B.; Fernandes, A.M.; Gon?alves, L.; Cola?o, J.
Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound, 2017
- μRTZvisor: A secure and safe real-time hypervisor
Martins, J.; Alves, J.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.; Pinto, S.
Electronics (Switzerland), 2017
- Generation of multi-fingerprint maps using propagation models
Mestre, P.; Cordeiro, J.; Reigoto, L.; Coutinho, L.; Botelho, P.; Serodio, C.
Engineering Letters, 2017
- CUTE Mote, A Customizable and Trustable End-Device for the Internet of Things
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Tavares, A.; Cabral, J.
IEEE Sensors Journal, 2017
- Generalized net models of academic promotion and doctoral candidature
Shannon, A.G.; Riecan, B.; Sotirova, E.; Atanassov, K.; Krawczak, M.; Melo-Pinto, P&
Studies in Computational Intelligence, 2017
- We-care: An IoT-based health care system for elderly people
Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Gomes, T.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2017
- Computed tomography and radiographic assessment of congruity between the ulnar trochlear notch and humeral trochlea in large breed dogs
Alves-Pimenta, S.; Ginja, M.M.; Fernandes, A.M.; Ferreira, A.J.; Melo-Pinto, P.&a
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 2017
- Characterization of neural network generalization in the determination of pH and anthocyanin content of wine grape in new vintages and varieties
Gomes, V.; Fernandes, A.; Martins-Lopes, P.; Pereira, L.; Mendes Faia, A.; Melo-Pinto, P&pe
Food Chemistry, 2017
- Multi-surface segmentation of OCT images with AMD using sparse high order potentials
Oliveira, J.; Pereira, S.; Gon?alves, L.; Ferreira, M.; Silva, C.A.
Biomedical Optics Express, 2017
- Novel magnetic readout for hybrid spintronic MEMS devices
Dias, R.A.; Moreira, E.E.; Ribeiro, I.; Costa, M.; Fonseca, H.; Cardoso,
TRANSDUCERS 2017 - 19th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, 2017
- A 6LoWPAN Accelerator for Internet of Things Endpoint Devices
Gomes, T.; Salgado, F.; Pinto, S.; Cabral, J.; Tavares, A.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2017