The Computer Communications and Networks (CCN) is a Research Group of Centro Algoritmi, School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
The Group was organised in 1975, the University’s inaugural year. It has since contributed extensively to the establishment and development of the University research network and all associated services within the whole University, its Informatics Department, and to the introduction of graduate and postgraduate courses in Informatics Engineering in the country.
The Computer Communications and Networks R&D+I group has played a major role in the establishment of the National Universities’ Network, Portuguese NREN, and in the establishment of the Internet in Portugal.
The group teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses, in both Master’s and Doctoral’s School programmes, covering a broad set of fundamental and advanced topics in computer networks and networking technologies.
Current research interests includes the engineering, test and deployment of QoS-aware network solutions to support emerging applications and new paradigms in network infrastructures and service networks.
Advanced Computer Networking is the major topic of research within the priority thematic area of Information and Communication Technologies, covering a broader Area of Research and Development, including:
- Integrated Network Communication Environments
- Modelling, Design and Performance Analysis of Routing Protocols
- Quality of Service in Fixed/Mobile IP(v6) Networks
- Mobile and Vehicular Area Networks
- Multimedia and Multicast applications and protocols
- Network Information Retrieval
- Wireless, Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks
- Automated Network and Services Management
CCN leader: Alexandre Santos
Recent CCN Publications:
- Evolutionary computation at work for the optimization of link state routing protocols
Pereira, V.; Sousa, P.; Rocha, M.
GECCO 2017 - Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Companion, 2017
- Technological Initiatives to Promote Science Growth in Mozambique
Mulhanga, M.M.; Massingue, V.; Lima, S.R.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2018
- Building sustainable NRENs in Africa - A technological and e-Education perspective
Mulhanga, M.M.; Lima, S.R.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- Public Key Certificate Privacy in VoNDN: Voice over Named Data Networks
Dogruluk, E.; Gama, O.; Costa, A.D.; MacEdo, J.
IEEE Access, 2020
- Offloading Surrogates Characterization via Mobile Crowdsensing
Lima, E.; Aguiar, A.; Carvalho, P.
CrowdSenSys 2017 - Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Mobile Crowdsensing Systems and Applications, Part of SenSys 2017, 2017
- Optimizing Segment Routing using Evolutionary Computation
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
Procedia Computer Science, 2017
- Using semantic web to improve accessibility to visually impaired users
Sorrentino, T.A.; Macedo, J.; Santos, A.; Ribeiro, C.; Vieira, V.; Secundo, M&pe
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, 2018
- Identifying previously requested content by side-channel timing attack in NDN
Dogruluk, E.; Costa, A.; Macedo, J.
Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2018
- Traffic Engineering with Three-Segments Routing
Pereira, V.; Rocha, M.; Sousa, P.
IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 2020
- Secure management of autonomous vehicle platooning
Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M.J.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Dias, B&a
Q2SWinet 2018 - Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Symposium on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks, 2018
- Protocolar extension for reliable communications in IoT environments,Extensão Protocolar para Comunicação Fiável em Ambientes IoT
Silva, J.F.; Lopes, C.S.; Sousa, P.; Carvalho, P.
Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, CISTI, 2018
- Performance analysis of two machine-to-machine architecture types in vehicular communications
Araujo, P.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Hapanchak, V.&sem
20th IEEE International Symposium on A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, WoWMoM 2019, 2019
- Simulation and Testing of a Platooning Cooperative Longitudinal Controller
Hapanchak, V.; Costa, A.; Macedo, J.; Santos, A.; Dias, B.; Nicolau, M.J.
Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST, 2019
- PLASA - Platooning service architecture
Ribeiro, B.; Gama, ?.; Costa, A.; Gon?alves, F.; Barros, S.; Nicolau, M&
DIVANet 2018 - Proceedings of the 8th ACM Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications, 2018
- A Systematic Review on Intelligent Intrusion Detection Systems for VANETs
Goncalves, F.; Ribeiro, B.; Gama, O.; Santos, A.; Costa, A.; Dias, B.; MacE
International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, 2019